Dr. Stanley James completed his undergraduate studies in biochemistry and religion at Oakwood University in Huntsville Alabama. He graduated from Loma Linda University School of Medicine with a Doctor of Medicine degree and finished his residency training in Internal Medicine at the Kettering Medical Center, Kettering Ohio.
After his residency, he returned to Bermuda and practiced general Internal Medicine for 6 years. Dr. James pursued additional (pre-fellowship) training in cardiovascular diseases.
Dr. James recently returned to Bermuda from Michigan where he was practicing Internal Medicine at the Rappha Medical Center in St. Joseph Michigan.
Having been trained as a General Internist, Dr. James sees patients with a full range of medical problems, both simple and complex, and subsequently refers them when necessary to the appropriate sub-specialist. He is qualified to manage chronic diseases and has a keen interest in cardiovascular-related diseases.
Areas of Expertise
- High blood pressure, shortness of breath, palpitations, chest pains, cardiac or heart-related conditions
- Respiratory (Lung) related problems
- Indigestion and digestive disorders
- Urinary tract infections, urinary disorders and other kidney diseases;
- Back pain, rheumatoid arthritis, gout and joint problems
- Collagen vascular disorders i.e. Lupus erythematosus;
- Diabetes, cholesterol and lipid-related disorders, metabolic disorders;
- Thyroid problems including hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism;
- Neurological disorders, strokes, headaches, migraines, seizures or epilepsy
- Men’s health and wellness
- National Youth Council for Bermuda (Past Chairman)
- Bermuda Hospital Board (Member, Governance subcommittee)
- Bermuda Government Criminal Compensations Board
- Bermuda Transportation Control Board (Past Chairman)
- The American College of PhysiciansBermuda Hospitals Board – Governance subcommittee
- Providing services as Medical Relief Worker in Haiti & Africa
- Mentoring and lecturing in schools, churches and correction centers around Bermuda about lifestyle choices and how it impacts their health
- Traveling to the United States, Canada and Africa to educate people on topics surrounding their health both physically as well as spiritually